About ROI Community
ROI Community is an international network of activists and change makers who are redefining Jewish engagement for a new generation of global citizens. ROI Community members channel a diversity of perspectives, skills and interests toward a shared passion for advancing ideas and partnerships that will strengthen Jewish communities and improve society. Through its capstone Summit and an innovative suite of ongoing opportunities for professional development, networking and financial support, ROI empowers its members to take an active role in shaping the Jewish future.
Connect & Create
Across the globe, amazing young Jews are connecting through ROI Community. Beyond our annual summit, the ROI network facilitates on-going interactions and relationships among its members. These connections spark the ideas that ultimately lead to initiatives that strengthen communities and improve society. Our members are creating new and innovative ways to engage wider audiences in Jewish life.
Our future is tied to that of our members. By supporting and nurturing the young creative people in our community, we ultimately hope to shape the Jewish world for years to come.
What began as an annual summit has now become an active year-round community where Jewish innovators collaborate with one another and offer each other strategic support and advice.
- October 2005: Born as ROI 120, ROI Community kicks off as a partnership initiative between the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation and Taglit-Birthright Israel.
- July 2006: ROI Community holds its first global Summit in Jerusalem for 120 young Jewish leaders, innovators and activists.
- February 2007: ROI Community holds a Regional Gathering for its Israeli members, bringing together 27 Jewish entrepreneurs in Hof Dor, Israel.
- November 2007: ROI distributes its first grants, providing capital to further 35 social start-ups and innovative projects developed by its members.
- April 2008: ROI Community is registered as an independent non-profit organization in Israel.
- October 2008: ROI Community holds its first gathering outside Israel, in Cancun, hosting 45 Jewish innovators and leaders from Latin American countries.
- June 2009: ROI Community establishes an Innovation and Seed Grants program, distributing a total of $500,000 over two years to 34 projects.
- February 2010: ROI Community holds its first European Regional Gathering in conjunction with Paideia, bringing together 31 Jewish entrepreneurs in Vilnius, Lithuania.
- June 2010: ROI Community brings 120 existing members back to Israel for a unique Summit to strengthen ties within the Community.
- October 2010: ROI Community introduces a bi-monthly newsletter, stepping up communications with members and creating a tool to share opportunities and Community news.
- March 2011: ROI Community introduces its revolutionary Micro Grants program, to offer monetary assistance to more of its members than ever before.
- June 2011: ROI Community allocates 30 new spots at the annual global Summit, to existing members as a way of better integrating the 120 new members into the Community and increasing connectivity.
- August 2011: ROI Community holds JPropel, a European regional gathering in partnership with Paideia, in Uppsala, Sweden and an Iberoamerican Gathering in Buenos Aires, Argentina (November).
- February 2012: ROI Community launches ROI Connection Points, a pilot program aimed to create a variety of regional, theme-based gatherings worldwide thereby increasing global networking and collaboration.
- August 2012: ROI Community holds its first gathering in Australia in partnership with the Australian Jewish Funders (AJF) bringing together 50 Jewish young professionals and innovators from an intensive one-day gathering.