Natan Grants for ROI Entrepreneurs: Request for Proposals
"Natan Grants for ROI Entrepreneurs, a new grantmaking partnership with the ROI Community to support ROI members with concrete program ideas for strengthening Jewish life around the world." (From The Natan Fund Press Release dated March 22, 2012)
Natan Grants for ROI Entrepreneurs
If you are an ROI Community member spearheading an innovative initiative, you are invited to submit a proposal for the Natan Grants for ROI Entrepreneurs program. This new partnership grants program, set up by ROI and Natan, will support ROIers in their innovative projects that create new access points to Jewish life around the world. ROI applicants may apply for grants ranging between $5,000 to $12,000.
With this grant program, Natan seeks to support individual social entrepreneurs, community builders, and very early-stage programs that engage young Jews in Jewish religion, culture, and community in innovative and effective ways. Ideal applicants will demonstrate exceptional leadership and a broad and inclusive approach to Jewish life and Jewish community.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a member of the ROI Community.
- Applicant is working on a project at the early stages of program development.
- The proposed project has substantive Jewish content and is intended to engage people (especially young and currently disengaged people) in Jewish life.
- The project has never received Natan funding before.
Note: ROI-Natan grants are meant to support initiatives that are at too early a stage of
development to receive funding from one of Natan’s other grant committees. Therefore,
applicants may not apply for an ROI-Natan grant and another Natan grant in the same calendar
Application Timeline (APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW BEEN CLOSED)
- Applications must be received by 5:00pm EDT on Monday, July 23, 2012.
- By late September, Natan will invite select finalists to present in person or via video to the grant committee, which is made up of Natan members.
- Finalists will meet with the committee by the end of November.
- Final decisions will be announced by January 31, 2013. The first grant payment, for 2/3 of the total grant award, will be made upon receipt of a signed grant agreement. The second grant payment, for the remaining 1/3 of the grant award, will be made upon receipt of a final grant report in December 2013.
Thank you to all ROI members who submitted proposals. Best of luck!
All questions about the Natan Grants for ROI Entrepreneurs should be directed to Jackie Fishman, Program Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Natan Fund inspires young philanthropists to become actively engaged in Jewish
giving by funding innovative projects that are shaping the Jewish future. Please visit
Natan’s website for more information.